The Ninth Fort Monument is located in the North-West area of the Lithuanian city of Kaunas and belongs to the Ninth Fort Complex.
Designed by a team composed by one sculptor and two architects, A. Ambraziūnas, Vytautas Vielius and Gediminas Baravykas respectively; it was built between 1976 and 1984.
The memorial monument forms part of a broader complex that involves an ancient Fortress built between 1902 and 1913 and a museum, founded in 1958.
The Fortress was originally thought as part of a strategy to protect the city, building different forts around it and gun batteries forming two different circles around the city. The IX Fort is the latest fort built and closed the exterior circle in the North-West part as mentioned above.