Information and knowledge resources
Information and knowledge resources compilation
According to ICOMOS Guidelines the overall main stages to be considered in conservation of concrete heritage are:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the place and assess its significance.
- Develop preliminary knowledge of the site and its condition.
- Perform initial research to identify and document the significance of concrete heritage, in general, concrete heritage in the context of a subject property and of the subject property itself.
- Identify an experienced interdisciplinary project team tailored to the age and characteristics of the site and the scope of concrete repair and deterioration to be addressed.
- Perform relevant research on specific site conditions including but not limited to precedents, testing, diverse informed perspectives, etc.
- Perform condition assessment and document findings.
- Develop repair approach and policies appropriate for each distinct type of condition identified. Design repair for clear communication among the project team.
- Document and implement repair program.
- Provide ongoing maintenance program and monitoring regimen to extend the life of repairs.
- Monitor the outcomes of the repairs to learn from experiences.
- Celebrate the significance of modern concrete.